So…who do I ask to donate?
- YOU make the first donation. You will feel better about asking someone to do something you’ve already done. Kick in $50 and get your fundraising off to a great start! Starting off your fundraising will not only make you feel great, but you’ll also get a t-shirt and official Cupid’s undies!
- Ask your local businesses for a donation. Ask your local butcher, hairdresser, gym or any other local business you visit regularly to make a donation of $50. Remember donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
- Tell your family what you’re planning to do and ask them to put in $50 each to support you.
- Talk your co-workers into sponsoring you $20 each.
- Negotiate a donation from your boss. $100 is a good place to start. You could even find out if your workplace has a donation matching program where your organisation will match the total amount you’ve raised. So in other words you could potentially DOUBLE your fundraising effort!
- Mention your plans to people from church, day care, school, etc and ask them to donate $20 each
- And last but not least call on your lifelong best friends! Ask them to pay $20 each to see you ‘Be Brave’ in your undies on Valentine’s Day weekend!
Just by approaching the people listed above and using your networks there’s a good chance you’ll have raised around $500 in pledges, which is enough to earn you VIP open bar on race day!